Sixty stunning entries in Ely Photographic Club’s first print competition of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club held its first print competition of the season at Ely College on Wednesday October 16.
There were 60 entries including several from some of their new members following the printing and mounting training session they held a few weeks ago.
Arctic Hare by Richard Whitmore was awarded first place in the colour section.
Nick Bowman's 'Wet and Wild Fox' came second and Bruce Liggitt's 'Soaring Gannet's was third.
First place in the monochrome section went to Kevin Pigney's 'The Three Bassets'.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Nick Bowman's 'Just Jane Avro Lancaster' and Viv Houghton's 'Arum Leaves' came third.
The club meets from September through to May and anyone that would like to go along to one of their meetings with a view to joining the club is welcome as a guest for two or three weeks to see if they enjoy it.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
For more information visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk