66 entries to Ely Photographic Club’s third image competition of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club had 66 entries in their third image competition of the season which was judged by David Steel.
Wildlife photographer Richard Whitmore had a couple of great images that were judged first and third.
And Steven Wells, one of the club's new members, had a commended portrait image, so was pleased that the judge selected his image.
1st: Great Crested Grebe with Ruffe by Richard Whitmore
2nd: Hind in the Bracken by John Harvey
You may also want to watch:
3rd: Wind swept Arctic Hare by Richard Whitmore
Highly commended: Fallow Stag in the Mist by Kevin Pigney
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Commended: The Happy Couple by Steven Wells
The club meets on a Wednesday evenings at Ely College from 7.30-9.30pm.
Anyone interested in joining the club is welcome to go along as a guest to one of their meetings. Visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk for more information.