Ely Photographic Club holds first image competition of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club held their first image competition of the season on Wednesday with 62 entries.
There was a wide choice of images including landscape, natural history, architecture, travel, portrait and street photography.
Naomi Saul was the judge for the evening and the best six images were:
- 1st: Fenland Sunrise by Glynis Pierson
- 2nd: Kingfishers Passing Fish by Bruce Liggitt
You may also want to watch:
- 3rd: Candle Light by Shirley Eastwood - Highly commended (HC): Timmi by Kevin Pigney, St Edmunds Church Southwold by Phil Lenney and Dusted Mining Bee by Ryan Bailey
The club meets on Wednesday evenings at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
If you are interested in joining the club visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk