Ely Photographic Club holds first image competition of the season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club held their first image competition of the season on Wednesday with 62 entries.
There was a wide choice of images including landscape, natural history, architecture, travel, portrait and street photography.
Naomi Saul was the judge for the evening and the best six images were:
- 1st: Fenland Sunrise by Glynis Pierson
- 2nd: Kingfishers Passing Fish by Bruce Liggitt
- 3rd: Candle Light by Shirley Eastwood - Highly commended (HC): Timmi by Kevin Pigney, St Edmunds Church Southwold by Phil Lenney and Dusted Mining Bee by Ryan Bailey
The club meets on Wednesday evenings at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
If you are interested in joining the club visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk