Ely Photographic Club’s annual exhibition at Ely Cathedral runs throughout August
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club is holding its annual exhibition in Ely Cathedral throughout August. The exhibition is held in the south west transept just inside the main entrance to the cathedral.
The exhibition is held in the south west transept just inside the main entrance to the cathedral.
There will be more than 100 mounted prints on display covering a range of genres including architecture, landscape, portraits and wildlife. Many of these prints are for sale at £25.
The club meets from September through to May on a Wednesday evening at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm with around 30 meetings a year. There are 50 members from beginners through to experienced photographers.
There are competitions, practical sessions for taking portraits, presentations from professional photographers to help members improve their skills and talks from local organisations like Wicken Fen National Trust, Welney Wetland Centre and the RSPB.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in developing your photographic skills go to a couple of meetings as a guest. Membership is £50 per year.
Visit www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk to see the 2019-20 programme.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress