Ely Photographic Club record impressive results in regional competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club earned an impressive result at the 38th St Ives Interprint competition at the weekend.
Twenty-nine clubs from the East Anglian region took part, with each club submitting eight prints before receiving scores in the evening.
Ely finished second with 127 points, behind winners Cambridge with 138 points.
Results were as follows:
Sea Defences, Felixstowe by Martin Smith - 11 points.
Great Crested Grebe with Ruff by Richard Whitmore - 20 points.
Ely Cathedral Reflection by Phil Lenney - 17 points.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Hare with Wild Flowers by Kevin Pigney - 20 points.
Watching the World Go By by Bruce Liggitt - 8 points.
Early Morning Harvest by Gary Mills - 17 points.
Sheltering by Viv Houghton - 14 points.
Northern Gannet Flypass by Nick Bowman - 20 points.
Ely Photographic Club meets every Wednesday from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at Ely College from September to May.
For more information, visit https://www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk/.