Ely Pensioner Who Harassed Neighbours Is Back In Court
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO. Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive la
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO.
Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive language towards residents.
Under the terms of the ASBO, Hassaen, of Wheatsheaf Close, is banned from:
* Making any unreasonable noise, and shouting or swearing inside his home so loudly that is causes harassment, alarm or distress to neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
* Abusing any person verbally or in writing.
At the time the order was made, anti-social behaviour co-ordinator for East Cambridgeshire Community Safety Partnership said: "The restrictions imposed by the court are intended to provide protection for people in our community, who should be able to live their lives in the safety of their own homes, without suffering torrents of abuse.
- 1 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 2 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
"This order was really a last resort; Patrick Hassaen had already received an harassment warning from the police.
On Thursday Ely magistrates adjourned the case against Hassaen for two weeks and gave him unconditional bail.