Ely Pensioner Breaches His ASBO And Is Back In Court
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO. Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive la
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO.
Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive language towards residents.
Under the terms of the ASBO, Hassaen, of Wheatsheaf Close, is banned from:
* Making any unreasonable noise, and shouting or swearing inside his home so loudly that is causes harassment, alarm or distress to neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
* Abusing any person verbally or in writing.
At the time the order was made, anti-social behaviour co-ordinator for East Cambridgeshire Community Safety Partnership said: "The restrictions imposed by the court are intended to provide protection for people in our community, who should be able to live their lives in the safety of their own homes, without suffering torrents of abuse.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
"This order was really a last resort; Patrick Hassaen had already received an harassment warning from the police.
On Thursday Ely magistrates adjourned the case against Hassaen for two weeks and gave him unconditional bail.