Ely Pensioner Breaches His ASBO And Is Back In Court
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO. Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive la
AN Ely pensioner who continually harassed neighbours in a block of flats has been accused of breaching his ASBO.
Patrick Hassaen, 69, was given a two-year anti-social behaviour order back in August; after magistrates heard that he used foul and abusive language towards residents.
Under the terms of the ASBO, Hassaen, of Wheatsheaf Close, is banned from:
* Making any unreasonable noise, and shouting or swearing inside his home so loudly that is causes harassment, alarm or distress to neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
* Abusing any person verbally or in writing.
At the time the order was made, anti-social behaviour co-ordinator for East Cambridgeshire Community Safety Partnership said: "The restrictions imposed by the court are intended to provide protection for people in our community, who should be able to live their lives in the safety of their own homes, without suffering torrents of abuse.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
"This order was really a last resort; Patrick Hassaen had already received an harassment warning from the police.
On Thursday Ely magistrates adjourned the case against Hassaen for two weeks and gave him unconditional bail.