Charity committee members bring Christmas cheer on a snowy morning
- Credit: Archant
Committee members from The Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group spent a snowy Friday morning delivering Christmas cheer to their members.
Caroline Nicklinson, local lead volunteer, said the group has been overwhelmed by the generosity of local businesses and individuals.
Many local shops, Iceland, Waitrose, The Eel Catchers Daughter and The Gourmet Brownie Company donated items for their hampers.
Along with several private donations, the wife of one member who died this year donated the ‘in memoriam’ donations to the local group.
It was agreed that he would have been fully supportive of the hampers, so the donation was used for the hampers.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to March, the support group met monthly and held a weekly vocal exercise group.
Caroline added that “Parkinson’s can be a very isolating condition and the committee wanted to bring some festive cheer into the members lives”.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The committee have kept in contact with members throughout the pandemic via newsletters, letters, phone calls and quiz’s.
Anybody interested in learning more about the support group should contact Caroline Nicklinson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07718191482.