Ely Hero Award winner Ruth Marley is special guest at meeting of Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group
- Credit: Archant
Ruth Marley, who runs the Reimagine Resource Centre in Witchford, was the special guest at the October meeting of The Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group.
With Ruth's help and guidance members made autumn wreaths from fabric cut offs.
There were varying degrees of success, but members agreed it had been a great activity and all were interested to hear that Ruth had given a 'sprout wreath' to Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
The support group meets at Bell Holt - Sanctuary Housing in Lisle Lane, CB7 4ED. on the third Tuesday afternoon in the month. Meetings run from 2.30-4.30pm.
The group offers information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson's, their families and carers.
You may also want to watch:
Members organise regular events and social activities.
Contact Caroline Nicklinson by emailing email@example.com or calling 07718 191482 for more information.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
To find other local Parkinson's support groups visit www.localsupport.parkinsons.org.uk/opportunity/2401