Ely Hero Award winner Ruth Marley is special guest at meeting of Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group
- Credit: Archant
Ruth Marley, who runs the Reimagine Resource Centre in Witchford, was the special guest at the October meeting of The Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group.
With Ruth's help and guidance members made autumn wreaths from fabric cut offs.
There were varying degrees of success, but members agreed it had been a great activity and all were interested to hear that Ruth had given a 'sprout wreath' to Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall.
The support group meets at Bell Holt - Sanctuary Housing in Lisle Lane, CB7 4ED. on the third Tuesday afternoon in the month. Meetings run from 2.30-4.30pm.
The group offers information, friendship and support to local people with Parkinson's, their families and carers.
Members organise regular events and social activities.
Contact Caroline Nicklinson by emailing email@example.com or calling 07718 191482 for more information.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 3 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 4 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
To find other local Parkinson's support groups visit www.localsupport.parkinsons.org.uk/opportunity/2401