Ely Outdoor Sports Association gets a makeover thanks to donations and help from volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Ely Outdoor Sports Association (EOSA) has been given a makeover thanks to donations from local businesses and the help of volunteers from its three member clubs.
Led by EOSA director, James Craven, the bar and social area in the clubhouse has been recently refurbished by members of Ely Tigers Rugby Club, Ely City Hockey Club and Ely Tennis Club.
The rotting wooden windows and fire doors have been replaced by draft free uPVC frames, the bar top is now a solid oak and a new wooden floor has been laid.
Jon Evans, events manager at EOSA, said: “The bar and social area of the EOSA clubhouse was desperately in need of a facelift.
“Thanks to all those who contributed materials and time.
“It is now an ideal function room for parties, events, meetings or conferences. It has a fully licensed and well stocked bar, a small kitchen area, seating (tables and chairs) for 65 people, free WiFi, built in projector and screen, stereo and a TV.”
Based off Downham Road behind the new Ely Leisure Centre, EOSA is the home of Ely Tigers Rugby Club, Ely City Hockey Club and Ely Tennis Club.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
It is a non-profit company and is run by volunteers. It provides sporting and social facilities to its member clubs and the local community.
Established 25 years ago, the facilities at EOSA include three full size rugby pitches, an astro-turf pitch and four tennis courts.
For more information visit www.elyoutdoorsports.co.uk