Ely Outdoor Sports Association gets a makeover thanks to donations and help from volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Ely Outdoor Sports Association (EOSA) has been given a makeover thanks to donations from local businesses and the help of volunteers from its three member clubs.
Led by EOSA director, James Craven, the bar and social area in the clubhouse has been recently refurbished by members of Ely Tigers Rugby Club, Ely City Hockey Club and Ely Tennis Club.
The rotting wooden windows and fire doors have been replaced by draft free uPVC frames, the bar top is now a solid oak and a new wooden floor has been laid.
Jon Evans, events manager at EOSA, said: “The bar and social area of the EOSA clubhouse was desperately in need of a facelift.
“Thanks to all those who contributed materials and time.
You may also want to watch:
“It is now an ideal function room for parties, events, meetings or conferences. It has a fully licensed and well stocked bar, a small kitchen area, seating (tables and chairs) for 65 people, free WiFi, built in projector and screen, stereo and a TV.”
Based off Downham Road behind the new Ely Leisure Centre, EOSA is the home of Ely Tigers Rugby Club, Ely City Hockey Club and Ely Tennis Club.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
It is a non-profit company and is run by volunteers. It provides sporting and social facilities to its member clubs and the local community.
Established 25 years ago, the facilities at EOSA include three full size rugby pitches, an astro-turf pitch and four tennis courts.
For more information visit www.elyoutdoorsports.co.uk