Ely optometrist sets his sights on Hadrian’s Wall walk for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Ely optometrist David Coles is hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for Macmillan Cancer Support by walking the length of Hadrian’s Wall.
Mr Coles, 49, will be joined on the five-day trek by his wife Sarah. They start their walk on April 7.
Mr Coles is the manager of the new Boots opticians and hearing centre, which is set to open in Ely’s High Street next Thursday.
He said: “We have done plenty of walking before, the furthest we have been was the Glasgow to Inverness walk, which was about 200 miles.
“The generosity of people is amazing and we are hoping we can raise plenty of money again on this occasion for Macmillan.”
You may also want to watch:
Hadrian’s Wall stretches across Cumbria to Northumberland and was started by the Roman emperor Hadrian in the year 122.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.co.uk/davidandsarahhadrianswall
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on