Ely optician says he hopes to ‘debunk the myths’ about contact lenses and touch and feel free demonstrations
- Credit: Archant
An Ely optician is hosting special events to dispel the myths surrounding contact lenses.
Scrivens Opticians, in Buttermarket, is running the contact lens events on Thursday (April 23) and Saturday (April 25), and customers will have the chance to touch and feel the lenses, have participate in a free trial and fitting assessment.
Branch manager, Daniel Abrahams said: “The number one fear that we come across is people’s aversion to putting something in their eye. We hope that we can help address any concerns and demonstrate there is nothing to fear.
“Thanks to new designs and materials contact lenses are now more comfortable than ever before, providing exceptional vision for those who require correction, even those people with a multifocal perspective.
“Summer is the perfect time to give contacts a go, whether to aid the playing of sports, or even just to try out a different look with some fashionable sunglasses.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re hoping to debunk the myths surrounding contacts once and for all, so that our customers have genuine choice and don’t have to compromise.”
Scrivens Opticians was established 76 years ago and has 170 stores in England and Wales, with 1,000 employees.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment