Ely optician says he hopes to ‘debunk the myths’ about contact lenses and touch and feel free demonstrations
- Credit: Archant
An Ely optician is hosting special events to dispel the myths surrounding contact lenses.
Scrivens Opticians, in Buttermarket, is running the contact lens events on Thursday (April 23) and Saturday (April 25), and customers will have the chance to touch and feel the lenses, have participate in a free trial and fitting assessment.
Branch manager, Daniel Abrahams said: “The number one fear that we come across is people’s aversion to putting something in their eye. We hope that we can help address any concerns and demonstrate there is nothing to fear.
“Thanks to new designs and materials contact lenses are now more comfortable than ever before, providing exceptional vision for those who require correction, even those people with a multifocal perspective.
“Summer is the perfect time to give contacts a go, whether to aid the playing of sports, or even just to try out a different look with some fashionable sunglasses.
“We’re hoping to debunk the myths surrounding contacts once and for all, so that our customers have genuine choice and don’t have to compromise.”
Scrivens Opticians was established 76 years ago and has 170 stores in England and Wales, with 1,000 employees.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'