Ely Netball Club raise £118 for Alzheimer’s Society at Christmas charity raffle
- Credit: ELY NETBALL CLUB
The Ely Netball Club ended 2018 by raising £118 for Alzheimer’s Society at their Christmas charity raffle.
Prizes included seasonal hampers put together by the club’s five teams and were raffled off at their ‘Christmas social’.
The club will continue the remainder of the season’s fixtures with their five adult teams competing in the Cambs and District Netball League.
A spokesman said: “New members, aged 16 or over, are welcome to try free sessions throughout January on Wednesdays at Witchford Village College 730pm to 9pm.
“In addition, the club received support from Sport England and have started Walking Netball sessions on Thursdays 6 to 7pm.”
They are offering free sessions in January at Paradise Sports Centre. To register a place, email: email@example.com.
The England Netball team won Team of the Year and Greatest Sporting Moment 2018, for their Commonwealth Games gold medal win.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
Ely Netball Club is offering ladies, aged 16 or over, the opportunity to give it a go by attending one or more of its free sessions in January.
The club welcomes those looking for a fun, social activity as well as those looking for more competitive match play.