Do you know any Ely Soldiers who served before the First and Second World Wars? Then Ely Museum would like your help
- Credit: Archant
Can you spot any of Ely’s soldiers just before the First and Second World Wars? Then Ely Museum needs your help.
The museum invited the public to their first Find Ely Museum at Ely Market last Saturday, where they presented photographs of the Cambridgeshire Regiment's Ely Company from 1910 and 1938.
In collaboration with the Cambridgeshire Regiment Research Trust, the museum also brought a selection of Second World War items and a makeshift First World War soldier, who spoke about life in the county's regiment.
Emily Allen, community engagement officer at Ely Museum, said: "We have some great photos in our collection at the museum as well as lists of local soldiers.
"We're hoping local people will be able to help us connect the two."
You may also want to watch:
If you descend from a Cambridgeshire Regiment soldier or for more information on the event, contact Elie Hughes or Sara Adderson of Ely Museum on 01353 666655 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station