Ely mum Vickie loses more than six stone after joining slimming group
- Credit: Archant
An Ely mum who struggled to climb the stairs has turned her life around after losing nearly six and a half stone.
Vickie White, who has battled with her weight her entire life, joined Slimming World in April last year.
The final straw for Vickie was struggling to play with her daughter.
"I knew enough was enough and I didn't want her growing up without a mum like I did," she said.
"I decided I needed some help and found Slimming World."
Before losing weight, Vickie was often out of breath, struggling to climb stairs.
She had issues sleeping and felt low and lethargic.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
"Now I can walk my dog without taking a breather, go swimming with my daughter and dance around the house - I have so much more energy."
Slimming World consultant, Belinda Lennon, said: "I am so proud and pleased for Vickie.
"She is an inspiration to our group - a real success story."
For more information about Slimming World contact Belinda on 07971 077971 or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk