Ely mum Vickie loses more than six stone after joining slimming group
- Credit: Archant
An Ely mum who struggled to climb the stairs has turned her life around after losing nearly six and a half stone.
Vickie White, who has battled with her weight her entire life, joined Slimming World in April last year.
The final straw for Vickie was struggling to play with her daughter.
"I knew enough was enough and I didn't want her growing up without a mum like I did," she said.
"I decided I needed some help and found Slimming World."
You may also want to watch:
Before losing weight, Vickie was often out of breath, struggling to climb stairs.
She had issues sleeping and felt low and lethargic.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
"Now I can walk my dog without taking a breather, go swimming with my daughter and dance around the house - I have so much more energy."
Slimming World consultant, Belinda Lennon, said: "I am so proud and pleased for Vickie.
"She is an inspiration to our group - a real success story."
For more information about Slimming World contact Belinda on 07971 077971 or visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk