Dozens of enthusiasts attend Ely & District Model Railway Club’s 40th anniversary exhibition
- Credit: Archant
It was full steam ahead for Ely & District Model Railway Club’s 40th anniversary as exhibitors, traders and visitors came together to mark the occasion.
The best layout at the event, which was held at City of Ely Community College, was won by David Barham and Fen End Pit.
In a post from the group on social media, it said: “We had a brilliant 40th Model Railway exhibition in Ely today.
“The winner of the best layout competition, voted for by the public, was Fen End Pit. A very deserving winner - for a number of reasons. David was so, so happy. A great result.
“And to cap it all, we got a very low level flypast by the Lancaster Bomber over Ely College at 5.05pm as we were packing up the show.
You may also want to watch:
“To all our exhibitors, traders and visitors that helped make today such a special and enjoyable day, thank you!”
The event took place on Saturday May 19 from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k