Ely City Military Band and Sing! Choir to perform at Arthur Rank Hospice’s Light Up a Life service
- Credit: Archant
Ely City Military Band and the city’s Sing! Choir will perform at Arthur Rank Hospice’s Light Up a Life service at the start of December.
Hundreds of lights will be lit up on a Christmas tree outside the hospice, as hospice staff, volunteers, supporters, friends and family come together to remember loved ones.
The evening, which takes place on Sunday December 2 from 5pm, will see guests welcomed, with music from Ely City Military Band and Sing! Choirs (Ely, Newmarket and Cambridge).
A service including readings, poems, songs and carols will then be led by the hospice’s chaplain Keith Morrison and the Bishop of Ely, Right Revd Stephen Conway.
A moment of silence and reflection will follow, before the lights on the Christmas tree are switched on.
You may also want to watch:
To attend on the evening, or make a dedication, register at http://www.arhc.org.uk/lightupalife before Wednesday November 21 or call 01223 675888.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning