Ely Methodist Church volunteers cook up a storm as Thursday lunch returns after 23 years
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Methodist Church Shoppers’ Lunch has made a triumphant return.
The two-course lunch served every Thursday returned today (September 8) after an absence of 23 years and fed dozens of the city’s hungry shoppers with a roast chicken meal.
Renamed the Thursday lunch, the meal was organised and cooked by Teresa Ely and other volunteers from the church.
Mrs Ely said: “The meal costs just £5 and is an ideal venue for those eating alone or wanting a break after shopping or a space to meet friends.”
The Thursday lunch, which also includes tea or coffee, will return next Thursday at the church on Chapel Street at 12 noon.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call Teresa on 01353 666905.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021