Ely Mayor meets the team behind Scrubs for Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Michael Rouse
The Mayor of Ely visited the new base of a community effort to make scrubs for healthcare workers during the coronavirus pandemic.
Cllr Sue Austen visited BAR62 in Newnham Street to meet with the team behind Scrubs of Cambridgeshire, a group which has made hundreds of sets of scrubs since launching in spring.
The sewers had been working from Coton Hall near Cambridge but have now moved to BAR62 which has kindly been offered as a new temporary home.
Gioconda Gomez started sewing the clothing for local healthworkers.
She now has around 300 machinists making scrubs which are being worn in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Essex and London.
You may also want to watch:
A JustGiving page to support their efforts has also raised over £4,200 - more than double its original target.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam