Live music, street food and fun activities at two Ely Markets events this summer
- Credit: Archant
Ely Markets is hosting their ‘summer lates’ event on Friday, July 27 and Friday, August 24.
Organisers call the event a ‘mini festival’ and say that everyone is welcome.
Julia Davis, of Ely Markets, said: “The fun kicks off at 4pm and carries on until 9.30pm.
“Come over early with the kids or join us in the evening.”
There will be street food to try while listening to the live music – from noodles, paella and meatballs to cheesecakes.
You may also want to watch:
A licensed bar, henna tattoo artist, local traders and craftspeople will complete the line-up.
Julia added: “Mr Coverman, a singer and guitarist will keep everyone entertained with a great mix of new and old songs.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
“We want to kick off the school holidays in style and celebrate everything we love about Ely.”
“Our Summer Lates are laid back and relaxed. Pick up some food and drink, relax and listen to the music.
“Get festival-ready with one of Wild Girl Henna’s beautiful henna designs and browse the stalls for new accessories.
“Before you leave, pick up some delicious cheese and wine for the weekend from Hum-Closen – and don’t forget to sample all the latest flavours from Ely Gin.”