Live music, street food and fun activities at two Ely Markets events this summer
- Credit: Archant
Ely Markets is hosting their ‘summer lates’ event on Friday, July 27 and Friday, August 24.
Organisers call the event a ‘mini festival’ and say that everyone is welcome.
Julia Davis, of Ely Markets, said: “The fun kicks off at 4pm and carries on until 9.30pm.
“Come over early with the kids or join us in the evening.”
There will be street food to try while listening to the live music – from noodles, paella and meatballs to cheesecakes.
A licensed bar, henna tattoo artist, local traders and craftspeople will complete the line-up.
Julia added: “Mr Coverman, a singer and guitarist will keep everyone entertained with a great mix of new and old songs.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 3 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“We want to kick off the school holidays in style and celebrate everything we love about Ely.”
“Our Summer Lates are laid back and relaxed. Pick up some food and drink, relax and listen to the music.
“Get festival-ready with one of Wild Girl Henna’s beautiful henna designs and browse the stalls for new accessories.
“Before you leave, pick up some delicious cheese and wine for the weekend from Hum-Closen – and don’t forget to sample all the latest flavours from Ely Gin.”