Ely market traders offering people the chance to tuck into a healthy breakfast
- Credit: Archant
ELY market traders are offering special breakfast deals to mark National Farmhouse Breakfast Week.
On Saturday, market traders at the Farmer’s Market will encourage shoppers to buy the produce to make their own farmhouse breakfast.
Shoppers will also be able to pick up a special ‘Shake Up Your Wake Up!’ recipe booklet for quick and easy breakfast ideas.
Tracey Harding, Team Leader for Tourism and Town Centre Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “Farmhouse Breakfast Week, which takes place every January, is a great chance to promote the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce on offer at Ely’s markets.
“From butchers style bacon and sausages to speciality bread and cereals, there is a fantastic choice from our traders to really kick start your day.
“The week is part of a national campaign to showcase what many believe is the most important meal of the day, as it raises awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of breakfast.”
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021