Ely market traders offering people the chance to tuck into a healthy breakfast
- Credit: Archant
ELY market traders are offering special breakfast deals to mark National Farmhouse Breakfast Week.
On Saturday, market traders at the Farmer’s Market will encourage shoppers to buy the produce to make their own farmhouse breakfast.
Shoppers will also be able to pick up a special ‘Shake Up Your Wake Up!’ recipe booklet for quick and easy breakfast ideas.
Tracey Harding, Team Leader for Tourism and Town Centre Services at East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “Farmhouse Breakfast Week, which takes place every January, is a great chance to promote the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce on offer at Ely’s markets.
“From butchers style bacon and sausages to speciality bread and cereals, there is a fantastic choice from our traders to really kick start your day.
You may also want to watch:
“The week is part of a national campaign to showcase what many believe is the most important meal of the day, as it raises awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of breakfast.”
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack