Seasonal shop til you drop at Ely markets
- Credit: Archant
There is a buzz around Ely markets this Christmas with extra being staged throughout December with vibrant seasonal flavours and innovative new ideas.
Local produce and gifts, live music and street food are among the treats in store for shoppers.
First up are the festive lates, which take place on the first three Wednesdays in December from 4-8.30pm.
“Our Festive Lates are a wonderful way to kick off Christmas,” says Julia Davis of Ely Markets.
“This is your chance to take a breather from the hectic festive season. Our special late-night markets have gifts you won’t find in the big stores, plus delicious street food and live music. Sip some mulled wine under the twinkly lights in the Market Place and get in the mood for Christmas!”
In the week before Christmas Day, there will be extra daytime events.
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there will be mini-markets selling festive food, gifts and flowers.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
This is followed by the Charter Market on Thursday 20 and a special extra Christmas market on Friday 21 December.
At the weekend, the farmers’ market and the regular Saturday craft, food and vintage market will be bigger than ever.
Sunday’s market is the perfect time to finish your last-minute shopping.
“Our week of festive markets is very special” says Julia Davis. “It’s our chance to show you what we do best: great quality produce and gifts at the best prices.
“We’ll have everything from local meat, vegetables and fruit to slippers, hats and handbags. You can park for free and come home with loads of fresh produce, thoughtful gifts and a wreath for your front door. Don’t forget to #BringYourOwn bags!”
• All the dates you need:
Ely festive lates: Wednesday 5, 12, 19 December, 4-8:30pm.
Vegan Christmas fair: Sunday 16, 10am-4pm.
Christmas mini markets: Monday 17, Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19, 10am-3pm.
Last charter market before Christmas: Thursday 20, 8.30am-3.30pm.
Special Christmas market: Friday 21, 8.30am-3.30pm.
Farmers market and craft, food and vintage market: Saturday 22, 8.30am-3.30pm.
Last market before Christmas: Sunday 23, 10am-4pm.