Ely man wins twice at national interior design awards
- Credit: Byline
An Ely craftsman and business owner won two interior design awards at a national competition.
Rick Forward, of New from Old, won the prizes for best bespoke wooden kitchens and furniture designer in Eastern England, and most innovative residential kitchen project, at the BUILD Interior Design 2017 awards.
Rick, who started the company which designs and installs environmentally-friendly solid wood kitchens in 1991, said: “Our customers are concerned about the environment and want furniture that will not contribute to damaging it.
“Alongside this, they want personalised service, attention to detail, flexibility and the realisation of the dreams that bespoke furniture can offer.”
Rick said he is always on the lookout for challenging and exciting projects like the North-Norfolk kitchen that won him Most Innovative Residential Kitchen Project.
“For this project I was able to work with my client’s aspirations, integrating local environmental characteristics into the design detail of the furniture.
“I use new and traditional methods of cabinet-making, and create a unique solution for our clients’ requirements, all with minimal environmental impact.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
“I hope to complete more projects like this in the future.”
New from Old is based at The Engine House, White House Road, Little Ouse, Ely.