Ely man wins twice at national interior design awards
- Credit: Byline
An Ely craftsman and business owner won two interior design awards at a national competition.
Rick Forward, of New from Old, won the prizes for best bespoke wooden kitchens and furniture designer in Eastern England, and most innovative residential kitchen project, at the BUILD Interior Design 2017 awards.
Rick, who started the company which designs and installs environmentally-friendly solid wood kitchens in 1991, said: “Our customers are concerned about the environment and want furniture that will not contribute to damaging it.
“Alongside this, they want personalised service, attention to detail, flexibility and the realisation of the dreams that bespoke furniture can offer.”
Rick said he is always on the lookout for challenging and exciting projects like the North-Norfolk kitchen that won him Most Innovative Residential Kitchen Project.
You may also want to watch:
“For this project I was able to work with my client’s aspirations, integrating local environmental characteristics into the design detail of the furniture.
“I use new and traditional methods of cabinet-making, and create a unique solution for our clients’ requirements, all with minimal environmental impact.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
“I hope to complete more projects like this in the future.”
New from Old is based at The Engine House, White House Road, Little Ouse, Ely.