Ely man, who has suffered weight loss from cancer diagnosis, appeals for help after his wedding ring falls off his finger during a trip to the city centre
- Credit: Archant
A couple who have been married for 38 years are appealing for help to find a wedding ring lost in Ely city centre.
The husband has recently been diagnosed with cancer and as a result has suffered weight loss which is how the ring fell off as they made a shopping trip.
The wife, who asked not to be named, said: “Due to the sentimental value of the ring I would be grateful if found if it could be taken please to Ely police station.
“The ring fell off his finger on Thursday June 2 around Ely market square or High Street.
“It was market day and around mid day.
You may also want to watch:
“The ring is a plain, large, man’s gold wedding band with the usual little marks you might expect from having been worn for 38 years.”
The couple parked in a blue badge disabled parking space in Waitrose and walked through to the market place and then to Barclays Bank before heading back again the same way.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry