Ely Man Who Attacked His Dad Is Sent On Anger Management Course
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course. Mark Peterson – who told his father: If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house do
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course.
Mark Peterson - who told his father: "If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house down with all of you in it" - will be supervised by the probation service for the next 18 months.
Peterson, of Wissey Way, Ely, had previously admitted assaulting his father John Peterson, and causing �200 worth of damage as he swept crockery and a deep fat fryer to the ground.
This week he further admitted causing damage to a car belonging to his mother Carol. He was ordered to pay �175 compensation and �60 costs.
The court heard how Peterson launched himself at his father, got on top of him, and put both his hands round his father's throat. The teenager also stamped on Mr Peterson's leg, causing a sharp pain.
In a victim statement, Peterson's father said members of the family had been mentally scarred by his behaviour; Peterson had serious anger issues, and needed treatment.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 8 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral