Ely Man Who Attacked His Dad Is Sent On Anger Management Course
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course. Mark Peterson – who told his father: If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house do
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course.
Mark Peterson - who told his father: "If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house down with all of you in it" - will be supervised by the probation service for the next 18 months.
Peterson, of Wissey Way, Ely, had previously admitted assaulting his father John Peterson, and causing �200 worth of damage as he swept crockery and a deep fat fryer to the ground.
This week he further admitted causing damage to a car belonging to his mother Carol. He was ordered to pay �175 compensation and �60 costs.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard how Peterson launched himself at his father, got on top of him, and put both his hands round his father's throat. The teenager also stamped on Mr Peterson's leg, causing a sharp pain.
In a victim statement, Peterson's father said members of the family had been mentally scarred by his behaviour; Peterson had serious anger issues, and needed treatment.
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust