Ely Man Who Attacked His Dad Is Sent On Anger Management Course
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course. Mark Peterson – who told his father: If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house do
A 20-year-old who attacked his terrified father by grabbing him round the throat has been ordered to take part in an aggression replacement training course.
Mark Peterson - who told his father: "If you call the police I will kill you and burn the house down with all of you in it" - will be supervised by the probation service for the next 18 months.
Peterson, of Wissey Way, Ely, had previously admitted assaulting his father John Peterson, and causing �200 worth of damage as he swept crockery and a deep fat fryer to the ground.
This week he further admitted causing damage to a car belonging to his mother Carol. He was ordered to pay �175 compensation and �60 costs.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard how Peterson launched himself at his father, got on top of him, and put both his hands round his father's throat. The teenager also stamped on Mr Peterson's leg, causing a sharp pain.
In a victim statement, Peterson's father said members of the family had been mentally scarred by his behaviour; Peterson had serious anger issues, and needed treatment.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’