Ely Man To Face Trial At Crown Court On Child Porn Charges
AN Ely man facing 17 child pornography charges has been committed for trial at Cambridge Crown Court. Andrew Young, of Lynn Road, is accused of making an indecent image and possessing an indecent image of a child. There are 15 further charges of possessin
AN Ely man facing 17 child pornography charges has been committed for trial at Cambridge Crown Court.
Andrew Young, of Lynn Road, is accused of making an indecent image and possessing an indecent image of a child.
There are 15 further charges of possessing an indecent photograph of a child. The charges state that 11 of the photos were at level one on the Copine scale, which grades the severity of such images, with level 5 being the highest.
He is accused of possessing two photos at level two, and two more at level four.
You may also want to watch:
The charges relating to pornography are alleged to have been committed in Ely on various dates between June 3 last year and April 12 this year
Young, 40, is further accused of sexually touching a boy aged between 13 and 15.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
Ely magistrates gave Young conditional bail until an appearance at the Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on November 6.