Ely Man Killed In Motorway Accident
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend. It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before career
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend.
It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before careering into the central reservation barrier.
The accident happened shortly before 7.30am on Sunday.
Police and ambulance crews were rushed to the accident but Mr Fowler was certified dead at the scene by paramedics. The force of the impact had thrown the motorcycle across the carriageway and onto an adjoining slip road for the M25.
You may also want to watch:
The M25 slip roads leading to the northbound carriageway of the M11 were closed for approximately three hours while the M11 carriageway itself was closed for four hours.
The closures allowed forensic collision investigators to conduct enquiries.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.