Ely Man Killed In Motorway Accident
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend. It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before career
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend.
It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before careering into the central reservation barrier.
The accident happened shortly before 7.30am on Sunday.
Police and ambulance crews were rushed to the accident but Mr Fowler was certified dead at the scene by paramedics. The force of the impact had thrown the motorcycle across the carriageway and onto an adjoining slip road for the M25.
The M25 slip roads leading to the northbound carriageway of the M11 were closed for approximately three hours while the M11 carriageway itself was closed for four hours.
The closures allowed forensic collision investigators to conduct enquiries.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.