Ely Man Killed In Motorway Accident
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend. It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before career
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend.
It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before careering into the central reservation barrier.
The accident happened shortly before 7.30am on Sunday.
Police and ambulance crews were rushed to the accident but Mr Fowler was certified dead at the scene by paramedics. The force of the impact had thrown the motorcycle across the carriageway and onto an adjoining slip road for the M25.
The M25 slip roads leading to the northbound carriageway of the M11 were closed for approximately three hours while the M11 carriageway itself was closed for four hours.
The closures allowed forensic collision investigators to conduct enquiries.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 10 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.