Ely Man Killed In Motorway Accident
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend. It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before career
A 38-YEAR-old man from Ely was killed after an accident on the M11 at the weekend.
It is thought that Neil Fowler, of Longchamp Drive, lost control of his motorbike on the northbound carriageway of the M11 near the Essex town of Theydon Bois before careering into the central reservation barrier.
The accident happened shortly before 7.30am on Sunday.
Police and ambulance crews were rushed to the accident but Mr Fowler was certified dead at the scene by paramedics. The force of the impact had thrown the motorcycle across the carriageway and onto an adjoining slip road for the M25.
You may also want to watch:
The M25 slip roads leading to the northbound carriageway of the M11 were closed for approximately three hours while the M11 carriageway itself was closed for four hours.
The closures allowed forensic collision investigators to conduct enquiries.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
Any witnesses to this crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.