ELY: Man Found Bleeding At The Wheel Of A Car Was Drunk
DRINK-driver Marco Castanho had been sick and was bleeding when police found him slumped over the wheel of his car in Ely. He had earlier lost movement and consciousness, and had fallen to the floor before climbing back into the vehicle, he told city magi
DRINK-driver Marco Castanho had been sick and was bleeding when police found him slumped over the wheel of his car in Ely.
He had earlier lost movement and consciousness, and had fallen to the floor before climbing back into the vehicle, he told city magistrates.
The Vauxhall Astra he had been driving had collided with a kerb and suffered a punctured tyre, and hotel worker Castanho was taken to hospital by police.
"There was concern about his well being, he was taken to Addenbrooke's A & E Department, and after being assessed was released back into police custody," said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
You may also want to watch:
Forty-year-old Castanho, of Beresford Road, Ely, admitted drink-driving in Silver Street on April 22, giving a breath test reading of 59 mcgs of alcohol in 100 mls of breath, when the legal limit is35 mcgs. He was banned from driving for a year and fined �300 with �60 costs and a �15 surcharge.
"I had been out with a friend to celebrate him getting married, and I was happy at getting a job," Castanho told the court. "I didn't drink much, four or five small bottles. But I had gone more than 24 hours without sleeping or eating, because I work at night," he told the court.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby