Ely Man Fined After Police Find Drug Wrap During Raid
POLICE executing a drugs warrant at the Ely home of Robert Busby found a wrap of heroin in the kitchen. Officers raided his Springhead Lane on the morning of January 12, and found the Class A drug in the kitchen. The defendant admitted he owned the drug,
POLICE executing a drugs warrant at the Ely home of Robert Busby found a wrap of heroin in the kitchen.
Officers raided his Springhead Lane on the morning of January 12, and found the Class A drug in the kitchen.
"The defendant admitted he owned the drug, and it was heroin. It weighed 0.1 gram," said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
Busby, 41, told police he had paid �10 for the wrap of heroin, and had intended to use it himself, at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
After Busby admitted possession of the drug, the court heard he had a previous conviction for supplying crack cocaine. He was jailed for four years back in 2007, and was still on licence, as part of his sentence.
For the probation service, Maxine Bailey said Busby's supervising officer had reported that he was doing extremely well on licence, he was motivated and there were no areas of concern.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
Presiding magistrate Dr Christine Shaw told Busby: "Despite your record in this field of activity, because it was a very small amount, and you are doing well on licence, we are going to fine you."
The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drug, and fined Busby �100, with �50 costs and a �15 surcharge.