Ely Man Fined After Police Find Drug Wrap During Raid
POLICE executing a drugs warrant at the Ely home of Robert Busby found a wrap of heroin in the kitchen. Officers raided his Springhead Lane on the morning of January 12, and found the Class A drug in the kitchen. The defendant admitted he owned the drug,
POLICE executing a drugs warrant at the Ely home of Robert Busby found a wrap of heroin in the kitchen.
Officers raided his Springhead Lane on the morning of January 12, and found the Class A drug in the kitchen.
"The defendant admitted he owned the drug, and it was heroin. It weighed 0.1 gram," said prosecutor Laura Mardell.
Busby, 41, told police he had paid �10 for the wrap of heroin, and had intended to use it himself, at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
After Busby admitted possession of the drug, the court heard he had a previous conviction for supplying crack cocaine. He was jailed for four years back in 2007, and was still on licence, as part of his sentence.
For the probation service, Maxine Bailey said Busby's supervising officer had reported that he was doing extremely well on licence, he was motivated and there were no areas of concern.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 7 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
Presiding magistrate Dr Christine Shaw told Busby: "Despite your record in this field of activity, because it was a very small amount, and you are doing well on licence, we are going to fine you."
The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drug, and fined Busby �100, with �50 costs and a �15 surcharge.