Ely man charged with causing death of 25-year-old by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a fatal collision on the A10 at Little Thetford last year.
The 44-year-old, from Ely, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
He is due to appear at South Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on September 15.
Tania Macedo, 25, of Welland Place, Ely, died in the collision, which happened near Broad Baulk, at about 7.45pm on October 23.
Tania was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.