Ely man charged with causing death of 25-year-old by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a fatal collision on the A10 at Little Thetford last year.
The 44-year-old, from Ely, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
He is due to appear at South Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on September 15.
Tania Macedo, 25, of Welland Place, Ely, died in the collision, which happened near Broad Baulk, at about 7.45pm on October 23.
Tania was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.