Ely man charged with causing death of 25-year-old by dangerous driving
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a fatal collision on the A10 at Little Thetford last year.
The 44-year-old, from Ely, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
He is due to appear at South Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on September 15.
Tania Macedo, 25, of Welland Place, Ely, died in the collision, which happened near Broad Baulk, at about 7.45pm on October 23.
Tania was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
You may also want to watch:
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 10 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.