Ely man charged with causing death by dangerous driving fails to turn up at court
- Credit: Archant
Magistrates issued a warrant for the arrest of Ely man Jose Eduardo Gomes after he failed to appear at court to face charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
Gomes, 44, of Welland Place, was due before Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday in connection with the death of Tania Macedo, who died in a collision on the A10, near Little Thetford, on October 23 last year.
Ms Macedo, 25, from Ely, was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
Following the incident, Gomes was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
But he failed to appear at court and a warrant was issued.