Ely man charged with causing death by dangerous driving fails to turn up at court
- Credit: Archant
Magistrates issued a warrant for the arrest of Ely man Jose Eduardo Gomes after he failed to appear at court to face charges of causing death by dangerous driving.
Gomes, 44, of Welland Place, was due before Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Monday in connection with the death of Tania Macedo, who died in a collision on the A10, near Little Thetford, on October 23 last year.
Ms Macedo, 25, from Ely, was a passenger in a blue Honda Civic.
A three-year-old girl who was in the rear of the car suffered serious injuries but recovered following treatment at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge.
The other vehicles involved were a silver Volvo V70 and a blue Renault Megane.
The driver of the Volvo, a 34-year-old man, was uninjured.
Two passengers in the vehicle, a 38-year-old woman and a seven-year-old boy, both from the Ely area, suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Renault, a second 43-year-old man, was uninjured.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
Following the incident, Gomes was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, causing serious injury by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving when unlicensed.
But he failed to appear at court and a warrant was issued.