Party to celebrate Ely Library turning 20
- Credit: Archant
A birthday cake, balloons and live music were all part of the celebrations to mark Ely Library turning 20.
Guests including the Mayor of Ely attended the birthday party at the weekend, which featured live music and poem readings.
Mayor of Ely Councillor Mike Rouse said: "We love Ely Library and celebrated its 20th year with balloons, guests and cake.
"It was great to hear of all the many activities that take place in the venue as well as praise from local county councillors Lis Every, Mark Goldsack and Lorna Dupre.
"They all praised the library and the importance of all that it offers to the community.
"It was lovely to hear Rosie Scott playing the Welsh harp so beautifully.
"I also enjoyed the ukuleles and the cup of coffee from the Friends and, of course, the cake. "Then listening to guest of honour Wendy Cope reading some of her poems was a delight.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
"How lucky we are to have such a library and it's there for all of us to enjoy and benefit from. Happy Birthday to all the staff and users."