Science gets sensational at Ely Library thanks to free COSMOS roadshow
- Credit: Archant
Science has been getting sensational at Ely Library over the last week thanks to a free week-long exhibition.
Hosted by Cambridge Science Centre, the COSMOS Community Roadshow - which is suitable for everyone - is at the library until Wednesday, April 11.
With hands-on exhibits, shows and activities for all the family to enjoy, dozens of children and their parents have taken part in the roadshow.
Marjorie Casey, community participation officer at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “It’s going terrifically. Although it’s a portable exhibition, they are pretty flash really.
“This morning we’ve got around 30 children milling about and experimenting with the displays.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for COSMOS said: “From Space to senses - we brought space theme exhibits in 2017 and now our new exhibition is all about the mind and human body.
“Why does our body behave the way it does? Can you play a trick on your own brain?”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
The library is open from 9.30am until 1pm.