Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, set for book signing and meet and greet at Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, who is also known as Mr Sainsbury’s, will be at Ely Library this Saturday (March 16) for a book signing.
The library has invited him and his owner to make a personal appearance to promote and sign copies of his book ‘What’s THAT Doing There?’
The owner, Mike, will be signing the books while Garfield indulges in the cuddles and attention.
Vanessa Bismuth, communications and marketing advisor at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Garfield is a local celebrity in Ely as he spends most of his time in Sainsbury’s.
“He takes himself there under his own steam because he seems to love meeting people so much.
“He lets everyone stroke him and even climbs into people cars as they load their shopping because he loves attention.
“He has a Facebook following and has even ‘written’ his own memoir.”
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
Admission to the event, which runs from 10am until 12pm, is free and books will be available for sale.