Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, set for book signing and meet and greet at Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s most famous cat, Garfield, who is also known as Mr Sainsbury’s, will be at Ely Library this Saturday (March 16) for a book signing.
The library has invited him and his owner to make a personal appearance to promote and sign copies of his book ‘What’s THAT Doing There?’
The owner, Mike, will be signing the books while Garfield indulges in the cuddles and attention.
Vanessa Bismuth, communications and marketing advisor at Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “Garfield is a local celebrity in Ely as he spends most of his time in Sainsbury’s.
“He takes himself there under his own steam because he seems to love meeting people so much.
You may also want to watch:
“He lets everyone stroke him and even climbs into people cars as they load their shopping because he loves attention.
“He has a Facebook following and has even ‘written’ his own memoir.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
Admission to the event, which runs from 10am until 12pm, is free and books will be available for sale.