Ely level crossing re-opens after HGV lorry crashes and ‘causes damage’ to barriers
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver forced the closure of the Station Road level crossing in Ely this morning (May 17) after he crashed into the barriers.
The crossing has since re-opened, but at the time Cambs Travel News confirmed the crossing was closed after damage was caused to the barriers.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 10.30am today with reports that the level crossing at the A142 in Ely had been damaged by a HGV.
“There was increased traffic congestion in the area due to the incident.
“The British Transport Police are dealing with the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Police advised people avoided the area if possible and that diversions will be put in place.
• More as we get it
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'