Ely market is about to get very Christmassy this December – here’s everything you need to know
- Credit: Archant
As we approach the Christmas season, Ely market is getting ready for the occasion with a series of late festive markets.
Beginning on Wednesday December 6, the Ely marketplace will fill with family-friendly entertainment and festive stalls.
The late markets will take place every Wednesday until December 20 when the marketplace gets ready for the annual Special Christmas Market on Friday December 22 from 8.30am until 3.30pm.
Emma Grima, commercial director for East Cambs Trading Company, said: “We are so excited to hold these additional festive markets for residents and visitors to enjoy.
“We hope that they will add to the Christmas spirit in the city and provide a unique option when buying presents for loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
“The Festive Lates will also allow people to meet with friends and family to enjoy the entertainment on offer.”
As the countdown to Christmas Day begins, from December 18, you can experience the late Christmas market everyday of the week until Christmas Eve.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
On December 18, 19 and 20 a ‘mini-market’ will be available from 10am until 3pm for some last minute gift buying.
All of the festive markets will give people the opportunity to taste some festive street food, do some gift shopping while enjoying some mulled wine and mince pies.
A spokesman said: “These extra-special events are in addition to Ely Markets’ regular weekly Charter Market on Thursdays, Craft, Food and Vintage Market on Saturdays and Sunday Market which will all be taking place as scheduled with a festive sparkle.
“There is a range of free short-term and long-term car parking options in the city, enabling people to enjoy what Ely has to offer.”
For more information about Ely Markets visit: www.elymarkets.co.uk/ or follow them on Facebook: www.facebook.com/elymarkets and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/elymarkets