Ely landscape technician hopes to raise £1,500 by completing London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A landscape technician from Ely is aiming to raise £1,500 when he takes part in the London Marathon.
Craig Davey’s groundwork for the April 26 race has been covered on the treadmill and intensive training with a friend.
Craig, who works for Sanctuary Housing, is raising funds for the Hertfordshire Community Foundation, which tackles deprivation by funding small community groups. He used to live in Hertfordshire.
Family and friends have rallied round to help reach the fundraising target, with quiz nights and raffles taking place in the lead-up to the event.
Craig said: “I watch the London marathon on TV each year and I have always thought that it would be amazing to run it.
You may also want to watch:
“In the last couple of years I have really got into my running and I completed the Great North Run last September, but I’ve never done a marathon before, so I’m a bit nervous!”
Tracey Spencer, Sanctuary Housing’s operations manager for the East, said: “It’s great to hear that one of our team is taking part in such a renowned event, raising money for a local charity. We wish him the best of luck.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
To sponsor Craig, visit www.justgiving.com/Craig15