Ely landscape technician hopes to raise £1,500 by completing London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A landscape technician from Ely is aiming to raise £1,500 when he takes part in the London Marathon.
Craig Davey’s groundwork for the April 26 race has been covered on the treadmill and intensive training with a friend.
Craig, who works for Sanctuary Housing, is raising funds for the Hertfordshire Community Foundation, which tackles deprivation by funding small community groups. He used to live in Hertfordshire.
Family and friends have rallied round to help reach the fundraising target, with quiz nights and raffles taking place in the lead-up to the event.
Craig said: “I watch the London marathon on TV each year and I have always thought that it would be amazing to run it.
“In the last couple of years I have really got into my running and I completed the Great North Run last September, but I’ve never done a marathon before, so I’m a bit nervous!”
Tracey Spencer, Sanctuary Housing’s operations manager for the East, said: “It’s great to hear that one of our team is taking part in such a renowned event, raising money for a local charity. We wish him the best of luck.”
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 9 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 10 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
To sponsor Craig, visit www.justgiving.com/Craig15