Ely landscape technician hopes to raise £1,500 by completing London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A landscape technician from Ely is aiming to raise £1,500 when he takes part in the London Marathon.
Craig Davey’s groundwork for the April 26 race has been covered on the treadmill and intensive training with a friend.
Craig, who works for Sanctuary Housing, is raising funds for the Hertfordshire Community Foundation, which tackles deprivation by funding small community groups. He used to live in Hertfordshire.
Family and friends have rallied round to help reach the fundraising target, with quiz nights and raffles taking place in the lead-up to the event.
Craig said: “I watch the London marathon on TV each year and I have always thought that it would be amazing to run it.
“In the last couple of years I have really got into my running and I completed the Great North Run last September, but I’ve never done a marathon before, so I’m a bit nervous!”
Tracey Spencer, Sanctuary Housing’s operations manager for the East, said: “It’s great to hear that one of our team is taking part in such a renowned event, raising money for a local charity. We wish him the best of luck.”
- 1 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 2 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 6 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 7 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 8 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
To sponsor Craig, visit www.justgiving.com/Craig15