Ely knitting shop set to offer innovative team building workshops to businesses
- Credit: Archant
A knitting shop in Ely is set to broaden its horizons by offering team building knitting workshops to businesses.
Going head-to-head with the more traditional corporate days out, Ely’s Yarn on the Square plan to beat the paintballing and high-wire centres at their own game.
The knitting and crochet store, in Market Place already offer classes for individuals and groups from beginner to novice levels, but now they are aiming at getting companies into the craft.
Store owner, Christine Brown, said: “It’s different; it takes people out of their comfort zone. It can challenge people, get them to shine in a different way and that’s what companies want from these days.”
The company, which was crowned Retailer of the Year at the Ely Standard’s Business Awards earlier this month, is planning to offer small groups the chance to come into the store to learn or alternatively they are quite happy to take on bigger groups at other locations.
The group would learn the basic skills in the morning before being given a group project in the afternoon.
Mrs Brown said they were currently marketing the idea through Cambridgshire Chambers of Commerce and Natwest’s new website Bizcrowd, aimed at connecting small businesses.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
To contact Yarn on the Square and register your interest call: 01353 661024.