Ely knitting shop set to offer innovative team building workshops to businesses
- Credit: Archant
A knitting shop in Ely is set to broaden its horizons by offering team building knitting workshops to businesses.
Going head-to-head with the more traditional corporate days out, Ely’s Yarn on the Square plan to beat the paintballing and high-wire centres at their own game.
The knitting and crochet store, in Market Place already offer classes for individuals and groups from beginner to novice levels, but now they are aiming at getting companies into the craft.
Store owner, Christine Brown, said: “It’s different; it takes people out of their comfort zone. It can challenge people, get them to shine in a different way and that’s what companies want from these days.”
The company, which was crowned Retailer of the Year at the Ely Standard’s Business Awards earlier this month, is planning to offer small groups the chance to come into the store to learn or alternatively they are quite happy to take on bigger groups at other locations.
You may also want to watch:
The group would learn the basic skills in the morning before being given a group project in the afternoon.
Mrs Brown said they were currently marketing the idea through Cambridgshire Chambers of Commerce and Natwest’s new website Bizcrowd, aimed at connecting small businesses.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
To contact Yarn on the Square and register your interest call: 01353 661024.