Free ‘K9 café’ in Ely hopes to bring in new members to join their dog community
- Credit: Archant
If you love dogs then you’ll love this free community café that aims to bring people and K9s together in Ely.
The K9 Community Café meets every Thursday at the Ely Cathedral Centre from 10am to 12pm.
Everyone is welcome and entry is free of charge. You can buy tea and coffee at the café while stroking your favourite pooch.
Having a dog is not required; people can bring their own pets or come along to meet other people’s fury friends.
Launched by Chris Kent three years ago, it came off the back of her ‘K9 Projects’ range of supportive activities.
Chris, along with volunteers and group members, met with Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse on Thursday (September 20) to talk about what they do in the community.
She said: “It’s just great for people to keep in touch. We have our regulars and some new faces, we have great support. It’s a dog community.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 10 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
“There are so many different people that come; we can give advice because some of our volunteers are dog trainers, so we have the ability to run training sessions.
“We have one lady that comes all the way from Soham with her dog on the bus. I’ve heard they’re trying to setup a group in Soham and I believe she’s going to help them.
“Anyone can walk in on a Thursday, it’s free. We sell tea and coffee and sometimes we have dog biscuits up for sale.
For more information, visit: www.thek9project.co.uk/k9-community-cafes.html