Free ‘K9 café’ in Ely hopes to bring in new members to join their dog community
- Credit: Archant
If you love dogs then you’ll love this free community café that aims to bring people and K9s together in Ely.
The K9 Community Café meets every Thursday at the Ely Cathedral Centre from 10am to 12pm.
Everyone is welcome and entry is free of charge. You can buy tea and coffee at the café while stroking your favourite pooch.
Having a dog is not required; people can bring their own pets or come along to meet other people’s fury friends.
Launched by Chris Kent three years ago, it came off the back of her ‘K9 Projects’ range of supportive activities.
You may also want to watch:
Chris, along with volunteers and group members, met with Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse on Thursday (September 20) to talk about what they do in the community.
She said: “It’s just great for people to keep in touch. We have our regulars and some new faces, we have great support. It’s a dog community.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
“There are so many different people that come; we can give advice because some of our volunteers are dog trainers, so we have the ability to run training sessions.
“We have one lady that comes all the way from Soham with her dog on the bus. I’ve heard they’re trying to setup a group in Soham and I believe she’s going to help them.
“Anyone can walk in on a Thursday, it’s free. We sell tea and coffee and sometimes we have dog biscuits up for sale.
For more information, visit: www.thek9project.co.uk/k9-community-cafes.html