Shocking footage shows man steal £3,000 ring from Italian jewellery shop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
An Ely shop manager is “still in shock” after the jewellery store she works in was robbed of a £3,000 ring in broad day light.
Italian Jewellery Ltd was targeted by a man who appears to be in his 20s on Friday, September 14 at around 3pm.
The man – who was wearing a black t-shirt with check collar, blue jeans and had blonde hair – can clearly be seen on the shop’s CCTV cameras.
The shop owner said that the manager on shift at the time of the incident, who can be seen in the footage, is “still in shock”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called at 2.50pm with reports of a theft at The Italian Jewellers in High Street, Ely.
“Shortly before being reported, a man had asked to see a ring worth £3,000 and left the shop without paying
“An investigation is underway, including exploring CCTV opportunities.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 8 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 9 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
“The man is described as white, in his 20s, 5’8” to 5’10” and of slim build. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.”
The owner has released the shocking CCTV footage with the hope of identifying the man involved – he can be seen running towards Market Street.
If you have any information or were in the area at the time, you should contact the Police on 101 using the crime reference number 287/14/9.