Shocking footage shows man steal £3,000 ring from Italian jewellery shop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
An Ely shop manager is “still in shock” after the jewellery store she works in was robbed of a £3,000 ring in broad day light.
Italian Jewellery Ltd was targeted by a man who appears to be in his 20s on Friday, September 14 at around 3pm.
The man – who was wearing a black t-shirt with check collar, blue jeans and had blonde hair – can clearly be seen on the shop’s CCTV cameras.
The shop owner said that the manager on shift at the time of the incident, who can be seen in the footage, is “still in shock”.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We were called at 2.50pm with reports of a theft at The Italian Jewellers in High Street, Ely.
You may also want to watch:
“Shortly before being reported, a man had asked to see a ring worth £3,000 and left the shop without paying
“An investigation is underway, including exploring CCTV opportunities.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
“The man is described as white, in his 20s, 5’8” to 5’10” and of slim build. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.”
The owner has released the shocking CCTV footage with the hope of identifying the man involved – he can be seen running towards Market Street.
If you have any information or were in the area at the time, you should contact the Police on 101 using the crime reference number 287/14/9.