Ely painter Isabel to compete for Sky Arts Landscape Artist of the Year title
- Credit: Archant
An Ely woman will appear on Sky Arts as early as next week, competing in the channel’s Landscape Artist of the Year contest.
Isabel Frias de la Uz, who was born in Madrid but has lived in Ely for the last eight years, is to compete in the ‘wildcard round’.
The TV series competition starts on Wednesday October 18 and runs for eight weeks.
Isabel is also a member of the Society of East Anglia Watercolourists (SEAW). She paints landscapes, still life and portraits in both watercolour and oils, and recently started focusing on the human figure.
She’s inspired by her travels and surroundings and fascinated by the British landscape.
You may also want to watch:
Her husband, Ray Reyes, said: “Although it was not always a main focus, art has always been part of her life while raising three children.
“She has been fortunate to have had exhibited in New York, Florida, and more prominently, in California.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
“As a member of the Central Coast Art Association during her time in California, she had a number of two-artist and group exhibitions in the Monterey area as well as a solo exhibition at Seaside.
“A few years ago she settled in Cambridgeshire where she was finally able to start focusing on art fully and has since taken part in group exhibitions with other local artists.”
Visit Isabel’s website www.friasdelauz.com to see her paintings.