Ely Inner Wheel donate to Maggie’s Centres charity
- Credit: Archant
Forty-one members and guests of the Ely Inner Wheel Club attended the group’s annual charity evening at The Anchor in Little Downham.
A cheque was presented to Maggie’s Centres, a charity which was started by a lady called Maggie who, when told she had cancer, felt there should be a place, away from the hospital, where she and her family should be able to talk to doctors and support groups.
The speaker for the evening Maggies fundraiser Andrea Chupacover, who said: “There are several centres in the country and one in Cambridge. Many people have found these places to be a lifeline.”
The vote of thanks was given by Ely Inner Wheel vice-president Susie Sallis and club president Julia Smith presented Andrea with a cheque.
The Ely Inner Wheel meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call Joy on 01353 663525.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment