Ely Inner Wheel raise £150 for Home Start charity ahead of Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Members of the Ely Inner Wheel group raised £150 for the charity Home Start, which helps to support local families.
The group raises money for a different charity each Christmas and this year proceeds from a raffle went towards the collection total.
The raffle was held at the group's annual fish and chip supper, which was attended by 24 members. Betty Flack arranged for the food to be delivered.
The group meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month and their next meeting will be the Christmas dinner at The Anchor in Little Downham.
Home Start supports families, through weekly volunteer home visits, to deal with concerns such as parental mental health issues, isolation, postnatal illness, disability, bereavement, multiple births and parenting skills.
You may also want to watch:
The charity also supports families in a group setting currently in Chesterton, Cambridge and Wisbech.
For details about the charity visit www.homestartcambridgeshire.co.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
For more information about the Ely Inner Wheel group call Joy on 01353 663525.