Ely Inner Wheel Club welcomes district chairman Deidre Griffin
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Inner Wheel Club welcomed district chairman Deidre Griffin as the guest of honour at their September meeting.
Deidre's first job on the evening was to induct new member Claire Warren.
A light supper was served and afterwards a short business meeting was conducted.
Deidre gave a talk on her life and how she had become involved with Inner Wheel.
She presented Ely President Susie Sallis with a glass ball of Inner Wheel Friendship and in turn Susie gave Deidre a glass paper weight showing Ely Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Ely Inner Wheel meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7pm.
The Inner Wheel Association was founded in support of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland during the 1920's.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Belonging to Inner Wheel gives members the opportunity to share friendships in clubs and districts throughout the world.
The Inner Wheel Club of Ely formed in 1948, is linked to the Rotary Club of Ely.
For more information call Joy Hockey at 01353 663525.