Ely Inner Wheel Club welcome back past member
ELY Inner Wheel Club president Jackie Wade welcomed past member Doreen Waddington to the monthly meeting at the Old Dispensary, along with Jean Lawrence, her husband Gerald and working dog Scampi. Mrs Lawrence was the speaker for the evening and she relat
ELY Inner Wheel Club president Jackie Wade welcomed past member Doreen Waddington to the monthly meeting at the Old Dispensary, along with Jean Lawrence, her husband Gerald and working dog Scampi.
Mrs Lawrence was the speaker for the evening and she related the history, since 1982, and the foundation of the charity Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
Mrs Lawrence accepted a donation from the club.
Members presented a surprise bouquet of red roses to Constance Heald as she was going to celebrate her Ruby wedding anniversary on October 28, with her husband Peter. A cake, made by Betty Flack, along with a sparkling toast, was enjoyed by all.
You may also want to watch:
It was announced that £192.75 had been made at the coffee morning held the previous Saturday. The money raised will be used for the club's Christmas Parcels Scheme.
Pat Sneesby announced that she would be appearing on BBC1 at 5.50pm on November 4 as a contributor to the In Living Memory programme.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
The raffle was won by Muriel Broadhead. Members were reminded that the meeting on November 28 would be a fellowship evening and they were requested to bring along some double knitting wool and size eight or nine needles to make squares for a blanket.
There will be a rehearsal of the choir prior to their visit to Lily House on December 20.