Frank Franklin from Toilet Twinning Club gives talk at Ely Inner Wheel Club meeting
- Credit: Archant
The guest speaker at Ely Inner Wheel Club’s latest meeting was a representative from the Toilet Twinning Charity.
The group’s international representative, Betty Flack, introduced Frank Franklin from the Toilet Twinning charity.
He spoke to Ely Inner Wheel Club members and their guests at their annual international evening about the problems of having to use fields, streams, bushes, roadsides or plastic bags.
“Do you have a toilet you use every day without thinking about it? More than two billion people don’t have that luxury which we take for granted,” was his message.
The Toilet Twinning Charity raises funds to enable people living in poor communities of many countries to have clean water, a basic toilet and to learn about hygiene.
You may also want to watch:
President Joy Hockey presented Frank with a cheque and afterwards a cold supper was served as well as by desserts made by members.
The club’s next meeting will be the annual meeting on June 27.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
For more information contact 01353 667080.