Frank Franklin from Toilet Twinning Club gives talk at Ely Inner Wheel Club meeting
- Credit: Archant
The guest speaker at Ely Inner Wheel Club’s latest meeting was a representative from the Toilet Twinning Charity.
The group’s international representative, Betty Flack, introduced Frank Franklin from the Toilet Twinning charity.
He spoke to Ely Inner Wheel Club members and their guests at their annual international evening about the problems of having to use fields, streams, bushes, roadsides or plastic bags.
“Do you have a toilet you use every day without thinking about it? More than two billion people don’t have that luxury which we take for granted,” was his message.
The Toilet Twinning Charity raises funds to enable people living in poor communities of many countries to have clean water, a basic toilet and to learn about hygiene.
President Joy Hockey presented Frank with a cheque and afterwards a cold supper was served as well as by desserts made by members.
The club’s next meeting will be the annual meeting on June 27.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 7 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
For more information contact 01353 667080.