Ely Inner Wheel club welcomes new member Carol Peacock at September meeting
- Credit: Archant
At the September meeting of the Ely Inner Wheel club a new member, Carol Peacock, was welcomed by president Joy Hockey.
Carol received her badge from Gillian Smith, the visiting district chairman from Felixstowe Inner Wheel.
After a short meeting Gillian spoke about her charity for the year, CHICKS - Country Holidays for Inner City Kids.
This gives children from troubled homes a chance to experience different things.
A cheque was presented by President Joy to help with this charity.
You may also want to watch:
The evening ended with a ploughman’s supper.
The next meeting will be on October 25.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The Inner Wheel Association was founded in support of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland during the 1920’s, became international in 1967 and now has clubs in 98 countries.
The Inner Wheel Club of Ely formed in 1948 and is linked to the Rotary Club of Ely. The club usually meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month (excluding August) at the Old Dispensary, St Mary’s Street, Ely, at 7.30pm.