Lifesaving lessons and a new member for Ely Inner Wheel club
- Credit: Archant
Ely Inner Wheel club president Julia Smith welcomed new member Trish Capstick and presented her with her name badge.
The evening continued with a talk and demonstration by Emma and Barbara, both first responders for medical calls.
They explained how they were called by the ambulance service to go and help patients that had dialled 999 and the ambulance being too far away to get there on time.
Club members were shown how to use a defibrillator and practiced on ‘Annie’ the dummy.
They learnt the doctors’ ABC, but are hoping they will not be called upon to use it.
You may also want to watch:
A vote of thanks was given by the president who presented a cheque to the first responders.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'