Inner Wheel celebrate 71st Charter with afternoon tea on a Zoom meeting
- Credit: DIANA GOLDSTEIN
The Inner Wheel Club of Ely celebrated their 71st Charter, not in the usual way with a dinner and speaker, but with afternoon tea on a zoom meeting.
Individual boxes were delivered to members containing sandwiches, sausage rolls and cakes.
They were all made and beautifully arranged and all made by vice president Julia Smith.
Members made their own pot of tea or had their own special tipple.
Robert Barnes, president of the Rotary Club of Ely, joined the meeting and brought greetings from the Rotarians.
The candle lighting ceremony was started with Mary Rone for International Service and President Suzie Sallis-Browne lit the candles for the past, present and future.
Members enjoyed catching up with friends and a small amount of business was conducted at the end.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Petition launched to save village pub
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 6 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 7 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 8 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 9 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 10 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike