Inner Wheel celebrate 71st Charter with afternoon tea on a Zoom meeting
- Credit: DIANA GOLDSTEIN
The Inner Wheel Club of Ely celebrated their 71st Charter, not in the usual way with a dinner and speaker, but with afternoon tea on a zoom meeting.
Individual boxes were delivered to members containing sandwiches, sausage rolls and cakes.
They were all made and beautifully arranged and all made by vice president Julia Smith.
Members made their own pot of tea or had their own special tipple.
Robert Barnes, president of the Rotary Club of Ely, joined the meeting and brought greetings from the Rotarians.
You may also want to watch:
The candle lighting ceremony was started with Mary Rone for International Service and President Suzie Sallis-Browne lit the candles for the past, present and future.
Members enjoyed catching up with friends and a small amount of business was conducted at the end.
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 7 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 8 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition