It may have been coincidence but on the hottest day of the year a new ice cream parlour opens in Ely - to considerable acclaim
- Credit: Archant
It may have been coincidence but on the hottest day of the year Ely welcomed its newest city centre shop selling ice creams.
Hadisgelato in Lynn Road and opposite the Lamb Hotel offers a taste of real Italian gelato - almost identical to ice cream but made with a higher proportion of whole milk to cream.
Barry Lonsdale of Cloisters Antiques was invited to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony and among early visitors were Lucy Frazer MP and the Mayor of Ely, Cllr Mike Rouse.
On their Facebook page owner Hadi said they were delighted to be opening in the city and thanked many local businesses and organisations for their support.
"I can't mention all of them but we are proud to offer a different adventure, they posted. " I won't say a lot about our ice cream I will leave for the people to judge upon it."
You may also want to watch:
Hadi is no stranger to the city - he is also a successful barber in Ely.
He promises his new store will be "an authentic Italian gelato shop in Ely. All the gelatos will be made fresh in the premises everyday."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The shop also serves crepes, waffles, smoothies, sundaes and hot and cold drinks.