It may have been coincidence but on the hottest day of the year a new ice cream parlour opens in Ely - to considerable acclaim
- Credit: Archant
It may have been coincidence but on the hottest day of the year Ely welcomed its newest city centre shop selling ice creams.
Hadisgelato in Lynn Road and opposite the Lamb Hotel offers a taste of real Italian gelato - almost identical to ice cream but made with a higher proportion of whole milk to cream.
Barry Lonsdale of Cloisters Antiques was invited to cut the ribbon at the opening ceremony and among early visitors were Lucy Frazer MP and the Mayor of Ely, Cllr Mike Rouse.
On their Facebook page owner Hadi said they were delighted to be opening in the city and thanked many local businesses and organisations for their support.
"I can't mention all of them but we are proud to offer a different adventure, they posted. " I won't say a lot about our ice cream I will leave for the people to judge upon it."
You may also want to watch:
Hadi is no stranger to the city - he is also a successful barber in Ely.
He promises his new store will be "an authentic Italian gelato shop in Ely. All the gelatos will be made fresh in the premises everyday."
- 1 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 2 Letter: Fight for free parking seems to have been forgotten
- 3 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 6 Chairman hails 'tremendous success' after England's Euro 2020 opener
- 7 Circus comes to town for one night only
- 8 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 9 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
The shop also serves crepes, waffles, smoothies, sundaes and hot and cold drinks.